The Great Vampire Dispute ~ Suzi M’s Vamps
by Emerian Rich
I hope all of you readers had a grand holiday season. I am just catching up and in doing so, sharing my last two Vampire Dispute friends! First up is Suzi M. She’s the author behind The Immortal War Series.
Let’s find out if Suzi’s vamps sparkle, or not.
- Author name: Suzi M
- What is the title of your series? The Immortal War
- How many books are currently for sale or listen? Three, four if you count the short story collection
- How many total in the series to date? Possibly 4
- What are the books about? From book 3, THE TOWER: “Once there was a race of beings not of angels and not of man…. A cross-breed between the divine and the mortal, known as the Nephilim. Some adapted and moved on to become as gods among men, scattered over the continents by the floods intended to kill them, to create varying forms of divinity in their image. One in particular, Nemesis, began the Immortal War – the bloodiest war in human history. Nemesis and his wife Lamia were imprisoned in an attempt to end the war. For twenty years Nemesis has waited for release…. Soon, Nemesis will get his wish. THE TOWER is the final book in the Immortal War trilogy.”
- Where can readers buy, read, or listen to your vampire series? http://www.amazon.com/Suzi-M/e/B003TTLGP2/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1
The Vampire Matrix
|Garlic||Great on a pizza, just not in excess.||Stake||Painful, but given a couple hundred years in the ground, they can get better once the stake rots away.|
|Sunlight/ UV||Annoying but not deadly.||Holy water/crosses||Nothing.|
|Running water||Delicious on a hot day.||Drowning||Temporary death.|
|Silver||No problems.||Fire||Can be fatal.|
|Coffin sleep a must?||No.||Homeland dirt a must?||No, though Lamia does keep some in her houseplants.|
|Decapitation||Pretty permanent.||Do they need to be invited in?||No.|
|Do they sparkle?||No.||Do they cast a shadow?||Yes.|
|Do they show up on film or video?||Yes.||Do they have a reflection?||Yes.|
|Eye color change with hunger?||No.||Blood tears?||No.|
|Die if not fed?||No.||When killed, what is left?||An angry vampire.|
|Eat solid food?||Yes.||Create offspring by blood?||Yes.|
|Have sex?||Hells yes.||Fertile?||Yes.|
|Enhanced senses?||Yes||Enhanced speed?||Yes|
|Shapeshifting?||No||Psychic?||Some are, some aren’t|
|Mind control?||Hypnotizing more than mind control||Does their blood heal mortals?||Only if turned into a vampire|
|What are their fangs like?||Evident, but nothing to go to a cosmetic dentist about|
|Skin color when after rebirth:||Same as before|
|Attractiveness after rebirth:||Same as before. Blood sucking won’t change ugly.|
|How do they feed?||Either via a bite, energetically, or both|
|What does the mortal experience when fed on?||Depends on the situation|
|What do they feed on? Human only? Evil souls only?||Depends on the vampire’s preference|
|Do they kill? Or only drink? Do they have a conscious?||Depends on the vampire’s preference|
|Are there clans or a hierarchy?||They’re a species|
How is a vamp created in your world? The original species was born as a cross-breed, those created from the blood of one of the originals retain their human element, just enhanced. All can breed via procreation.
What happens when they are changed? They ‘die’ then come back.
Is religion involved in you vamp world and what kind? There is a connection with pagan elements and old Judaism/Christianity in that the species dates back to Enochian times.
Is war or fighting a big theme in your books? Only in one of them. The actual struggle is more an inner one which occasionally stems out to include others.
How did vampires “start” in your world? Watcher angels breeding with human women.
Who is your top vampire character?
Nemesis comes to mind first as he’s a very overpowering kind of character. Initially we meet him as an amnesiac and learn more about him and his origins as he discovers them. He’s the embodiment of our own constant struggle between what we’d like to do and what is acceptable. There are no half-measures with Nemesis. He’s very much all or nothing in extremes.
Who is your favorite vampire writer? Most recently, Molly Harper. Her books aren’t horror, they’re very much comedy.
What music goes best with your series? Industrial gothic music. Hands down.
Anything else to say to perspective readers about your series? I hope you enjoy it.