The Great Vampire Dispute ~ Billie Sue Mosiman’s Vamps
by Emerian Rich
Next up on our vampire list is author Billie Sue Mosiman. She has a unique take on the vampire lore we know so well. Similar to witch stories, her lead character must choose what sort of vampire she’ll be. Will she be a goodie? Or a baddie? Will she choose violence over peace? Will she go to the dark side, or use The Force for good? The battle between good an evil is in all of us, so this tale’s got a little for everyone.
Let’s find out more about Billie Sue’s vamps and how they will choose.
BILLIE SUE’S VAMPS
- Author name: Billie Sue Mosiman
- What is the title of your series? Vampire Nation Chronicles
- How many books are currently for sale or listen? 3 in Kindle, 1 to listen.
- How many total in the series to date? 3
- What is the series about? Della Cambian was a senior in high school when she was struck by the family curse; vampirism. With the aid of the ancient known as Mentor, and harried by an aging millionaire with dreams of immortality, Del must find a way to prevent an evil that could endanger every natural vampire on Earth. And what kind of vampire should she be? Does she have the innate violence to be a Predator? Does the future hold nothing but fear and loathing? Or will she embrace the Natural life like her parents, like her brother, and try, someway, to live as human?
- Where can readers buy, read, or listen to your vampire series?
LEGIONS OF THE DARK: http://www.amazon.com/LEGIONS-DARK-VAMPIRE-NATIONS-CHRONICLES-ebook/dp/B0051WR44W/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1406950850&sr=1-1&keywords=vampire+nation+mosiman
HUNTER OF THE DEAD: http://www.amazon.com/HUNTER-DEAD-VAMPIRE-NATIONS-CHRONICLES-ebook/dp/B00522P3JY/ref=pd_sim_kstore_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ZMZVPMZ612TBMRSNKT9
RISE OF THE LEGEND: http://www.amazon.com/RISE-LEGEND-VAMPIRE-NATIONS-CHRONICLES-ebook/dp/B0051WR7XU/ref=pd_sim_kstore_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1Y25640KF89EH83A3SV9
SCROLLS OF THE DEAD: 3 complete novels of the trilogy in one Kindle edition. http://www.amazon.com/SCROLLS-Complete-Vampire-Novels–Trilogy-ebook/dp/B005LIDU9Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1406953242&sr=1-1&keywords=scrolls+mosiman
The Vampire Matrix
|Garlic||No effect||Stake||No effect|
|Sunlight/ UV||No effect||Holy water/crosses||No effect|
|Running water||No effect||Drowning||No effect|
|Silver||No effect||Fire||Hurts, and can kill if prolonged and they can’t get out.|
|Coffin sleep a must?||No||Homeland dirt a must?||No|
|Decapitation||Kill||Do they need to be invited in?||No|
|Do they sparkle?||No||Do they cast a shadow?||Yes|
|Do they show up on film or video?||Yes||Do they have a reflection?||Yes|
|Eye color change with hunger?||No||Blood tears?||Yes|
|Die if not fed?||No, but severely weak.||When killed, what is left?||The body.|
|Eat solid food?||Yes. Sometimes.||Create offspring by blood?||Yes|
|Have sex?||Yes||Fertile?||Yes, offspring are combination of human/vampire called dhampir.|
|Enhanced senses?||Yes||Enhanced speed?||Yes|
|Enhanced healing?||Yes||Flight?||Extremely rare and only by the eldest of vampires.|
|Mind control?||Yes||Does their blood heal mortals?||No|
|What are their fangs like?||Normal two-fang type|
|Skin color when after rebirth:||Paler|
|Attractiveness after rebirth:||Enhanced|
|How do they feed?||Bite – anywhere.|
|What does the mortal experience when fed on?||Pain and then a gentleness into the deep night of death.|
|What do they feed on? Human only? Evil souls only?||Many feed from vampire owned blood banks. The Predators often kill and feed off human victims.|
|Do they kill? Or only drink? Do they have a conscience?||Some kill—the Predators. The Naturals and Cravens do not kill. A few have a conscience.|
|Are there clans or a hierarchy?||There are three clans or types of vampires. Predators who when they want will kill humans. Naturals who live like humans, never being discovered. Cravens live together in communal housing and rarely go out and never feed from humans.|
- How is a vamp created in your world? Never vampires are rarely made by another vampire. If they are in a family of vampires then around their teen years the disease takes hold due to heredity and during the death back to life episode they choose in a blood dream what sort of vampire they will become, either Predator, Natural, or Craven.
- What happens when they are changed? They come back to themselves from the changing in the dream and are helped by family to adjust to their immortality and what it entails.
- Is religion involved in you vamp world and what kind? Though the vampires, even the oldest of them, have no personal perception of God, they know there is one.
- Is war or fighting a big theme in your books? It’s not a big theme. One war occurs. In the third novel a vampire appears others believe is the Christ of Anti-Christ.
- How did vampires “start” in your world? It occurred in the beginning of mankind on earth. They have always been a part of the word. What made vampires a reality in your world? There is a group of vampires in England who have been researching their disease to find a way to cure it.
- Who are your characters?
1.) Dell Campian, a teen in the first novel, turns during her last year in high school. She marries a human and becomes the mother of Malachi, a dhamir, who most of the vampires believe is the legendary and prophesied vampire who would come to change the vampire world where they are all separated into three kinds.
2.) Mentor is the oldest of all the clans and he helps new, young vampires in their death dreams where they must choose what sort of vampire they will become for the rest of infinity.
3) Malachi, dhampir son of Dell Campion, suffers the loss of his wife. He must decide to let his mother turn him, by bite and blood infusion, into full vampire so he has all the abilities of vampire in order to track his wife’s murderer—and to prevent a full out war between all the vampire nations.
4) Ross, the de facto leader of the Predator vampires who runs the blood banks and often squabbles over morality with Mentor.
5.) Charles Upton, a human billionaire dying of a disease with similar symptoms of vampirism. He searches the world over for a real vampire to help him turn into one so he will never die.
- Who is your favorite vampire writer? Anne Rice.
- What do you play to get in the mood for writing these blood-thirsty fiends? No, I don’t listen to music often when writing.
- Anything else to say to perspective readers about your series? Noting the symptoms of porphria were like what affects vampires, I wrote about how it mutated in some humans creating vampires. I took a medical point of view for the origin. The vampires, especially the Naturals, who work so hard to fit into the normal human world, question their own souls, hoping they have one, and the consequences of their actions and those of the other types of vampires.