OFFICIAL SWEET DREAMS GAME – It’s On!
by Emerian Rich
Sweet Dreams Series Game!
Ok, so the game doesn’t actually start till December 25th, but for all you anxious Sweet Dreamers, here are some preliminary instructions, the game card, and list of tasks.
How to play:
- Print out just the GAME CARD. Or, the FULL INSTRUCTIONS.
- Complete the tasks and check off your card for everything you do.
- Take pictures of you and/or friends doing the tasks and email pictures* to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After January 27th, total up your score and check http://www.sweetdreamsnovel.com to see how you rate as a Sweet Dreams aficionado. Chime in on the post to tell others just how many points you got!
*EVERY PLAYER that sends a photo to the email above gets a special card from Rob and Victoria, and entered for a chance to win the grand prize.
ONE LUCKY SWEET DREAMER will win a one-of-a-kind Sweet Dreams collectible!
Good luck and have fun!
Ways to play:
- You can play SPONTANEOUSLY by watching the blog notices that come out on each day telling you what to do, and then run out to do them.
- You can PLAN AHEAD by checking out the task list below and planning your upcoming weeks accordingly. For an easy print TASK LIST click here.
- You can SKIP AROUND by completing all the tasks you can on whatever day you wish during the contest.
The What If’s?
- What if you unavoidably miss a day?
You don’t have to do the tasks on the given day to play. If you miss a day, just go back and do the tasks on another day. This is all on the honor system and is for entertainment purposes only. However, just make sure to take a pic of you and/or friends doing the tasks so that you can send them in and win!
- What if you can’t possibly schedule these tasks on any of the days?
Feel free to play the game at your own pace. If you’d like to finish the game in your own time (or if you are reading this post after the contest is over, and would still like to play for fun), that is fine, but remember… only pictures submitted by January 27th, 2012 are eligible for entry into the GRAND PRIZE drawing.
- What if you can only do one of the tasks on each day, because the second task is too expensive or difficult?
That’s ok. Do as many tasks as you can. The first task on each day is meant to fit into Victoria’s limited funds lifestyle, where as the second task is more suited for Rob’s bank account.
FULL GAME SCHEDULE AND TASK LIST:
Dec. 26th +1 point Pluck or buy a single rose for you or a loved one.
+1 extra point: If it is at a restaurant.
Dec. 27th +1 point Have lunch with a close friend.
+1 extra point: If you have ice cream.
Dec. 28th +1 point Take a brisk walk to feel the cool wind on your skin.
+1 extra point: Ski on this day.
Dec. 29th +1 point Dance to your favorite song.
+1 extra point: Dance with someone. (Avoid fruit punch if you can)
Dec. 30th +1 point Play a game with a friend.
+1 extra point: If you play miniature golf.
Dec. 31st +1 point Go to or have your own New Year’s Eve Party.
+1 extra point: If you are able to kiss someone special.
Jan 1st +1 point Say goodbye to the old year by planning to meet with a friend.
+1 extra point: If you plan to meet in 3 days time.
End of Sweet Dreams
Jan 2nd +1 point Tell a friend about your holiday and share at least one intimate detail.
+1 extra point: Go to a movie with family.
Jan 3rd +1 point Watch a friend play a musical instrument.
+1 extra point: Play a musical instrument or sing along. JAM!
Jan 4th +1 point Go out with some friends.
+1 extra point: Eat Chinese food.
Jan 5th +1 point Go window shopping with a friend.
+1 extra point: Buy yourself a dress, accessory, or beauty item.
Jan 6th +1 point Make a meaningful promise to someone that you plan to keep.
+1 extra point: Profess your love to someone.
End of Star Struck
Jan 19th +1 point Take a walk to let off some steam.
+1 extra point: Say you’re sorry to someone you hurt.
Jan 21st +1 point Wake up early and get out of the house at least 20 minutes before you need to.
+1 extra point: Buy a newspaper and read the entertainment section.
Jan 25th +1 point Plan a trip.
+1 extra point: Eat dinner with friends.
Jan 26th +1 point Try something new.
+1 extra point: Attend a hockey game, go to a museum, or ride on a boat.
Jan 27th +1 point Make a promise to someone you care about.
+1 extra point: Go to an amusement park. (And don’t get kidnapped)
BONUS POINTS for Extra Tasks: If you’ve already done these extra tasks, you are ahead of the game! Give yourself the points! You don’t have to complete the task again.
+1 extra point: Tell someone who hasn’t heard of Sweet Dreams, how much you enjoy it.
+1 extra point: Click the “like” button on the Sweet Dreams Amazon.com page:
+1 extra point: Join the Sweet Dreams Facebook Group:
+2 extra points: Subscribe to the Sweet Dreams blog:
+2 extra points: Leave a comment on the Sweet Dreams blog:
+3 extra point: Leave a review on the Sweet Dreams Amazon.com page:
+3 extra point: Leave a review on the Sweet Dreams, Star Struck, or True Love iTunes page:
+3 extra point: Leave a review on the Sweet Dreams, Star Struck, or True Love Podiobooks page: